The American Sailing Association and the Tampa Bay Area
ASA Sailing Schools Present the 2010 Members Event
AMERICAN SAILING WEEK 2010
Clearwater Beach, Florida
September 10th to September 17th
You are invited for a week of fun in the sun, sail on the beautiful waters of the Gulf of Mexico or just enjoy the amazing white sugar sand of Clearwater Beach. A combination of a land and sea holiday for both experienced sailors and new sailors alike. Stay at the luxurious Marriott Sand Key Resort, which overlooks both the Gulf of Mexico and the Intracoastal Waters of Clearwater Harbor.
The event takes place for one full week, from Friday, September 10th to Friday September 17th of 2010. You can try small boat sailing from the adjoining Community Sailing Center or just a casual day sail on a variety of different keel boats provided by the local ASA schools. The activities will range from fun races to flying a spinnaker, educational clinics from knot tying to navigation, eco tours from the Marine Aquarium, an Island Party and of course a dress like a Pirate Bash!
If you are not a sailor the area offers the Travel Channels Number 1 Best Beach along with lots of local flavors to sample just a walk or Jolley Trolley ride away. The Tampa Bay Area ASA Schools and the ASA Staff are looking forward to hosting what can best be described as sailing camp for adults. So sign up early and join in the fun!
To Book Call:
MARRIOTT SUITES CLEARWATER BEACH RESORT
At: 727/593-6121 and reference: ASA Members Week 2010
or click here for fax reservation form
When booking, please provide ASA membership number.
You must be a current ASA member to get member event pricing.
For more information contact Jean at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 727/644-7496
Special Member Pricing Only $1195 per person*
|Gulf Oil Spill Note: Please note that ASA is closely monitoring the BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill. Based on current information from local authorities, it is very unlikely that the oil spill will make landfall on Cllearwater, St. Pete or other area beaches. However, if the ASA later deems it necessary to cancel "American Sailing Week 2010" in the event that the oil spill impacts any activities or events, any and all deposits paid to the Marriott will be refunded in full. As participants are responsible for their own air transportation, as with any trip, ASA recommends that participants flying to the area purchase flight cancellation/trip interruption insurance.
- Accommodations: 7 nights in standard room, double occupancy
- King or 2 Doubles. All Suite Accommodations: with private balconies and water views of Clearwater Bay. Suites include a separate living area with a sofa bed, a wet bar, mini-fridge & microwave. Each suite features 2 LCD HDTVs, a 37" in the bedroom and a 42" in the living room
- Maximum 3 people per room – third person an additional $699.00
- Special ASA Event Goodie Bags
- Flights and airport transfers not included – Airport Code: TPA
- $400.00 Single supplement fee. Roommate matching assistance available
- All room taxes included
- Free Wi-Fi access in room and in all common areas
- Semi inclusive meal plan: All breakfasts and all lunches (while sailing), two group dinner parties
- Exclusive group use of Local ASA School Charter Yachts
- Informal Keelboat sailing instruction with ASA Certified Instructors
- Use of Small boats such as Sunfish and Hobie Wave’s
- Special land-based educational clinics
- Special ASA Welcome Party
- Special Afternoon sail to the island beach party and games
- Pirate Costume Party and BBQ buffet
- Farewell prize giving party and banquet
Special Locals Only (Tampa Bay Area) 2 day Sampler Package
Only $199 per person
We put this special Locals Only package together, if you live in the area and would like to join in all the fun.
- Tuesday: Includes Dinghy ride to the Island Party (Tuesday) which includes daytime party on spoil island with boxed lunch, music from boom box and sailor games…….like team building race around the island , dinghy tug of war, squirt gun battles, crab soccer with beach balls etc.
- Wednesday Group Keelboat Sail
- Wednesday night Pirate Party & BBQ dress like a Pirate Contest.
- Contact Jean at email@example.com more information
- For Locals Only package reservations call 727-644-7496
* All reservations will be held by a deposit of 50% of the total nights stay booked at the time of reservation. Full payment of the remaining nights will be due by 30 days prior to arrival, August 10, 2010. Payment can be made with a major credit card, cash, or check. Hotel will not hold any reservations after the August 10, 2010 deadline unless fully paid. Cancellation made prior to 60 days before arrival (on or before July 10 2010) will be entitled to a refund of their 50% deposit. Cancellations made after July 10, 2010 but before August10, 2010 will forfeit their initial deposit of 50%. After August 10, 2010 no refund will be given.