AMERICAN SAILING ASSOCIATION CARIBBEAN GETAWAY SWEEPSTAKES
In support of Hands Across the Sea
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
NO ENTRIES WILL BE ELIGIBLE UNTIL THE START DATE LISTED BELOW. START AND END DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE UNTIL THE SWEEPSTAKES HAS BEGUN.
Simply follow the steps to enter the American Sailing Association/Hands Across the Sea Caribbean Getaway Sweepstakes and you could win a prize! Read below for rules and regulations.
Entrants are providing their personal information to Sponsor. The information you provide will be used for Sweepstakes purposes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older (and not a minor) at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and members of the immediate families (spouses and parents, siblings, children and their spouses and in-laws) and persons living in the same household of such individuals are not eligible. Only 1 entry per household is permitted.
2. TO ENTER: Visit http://www.asa.com/hands-across-the-sea.php and follow the instructions enter the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person. Any person attempting to submit more than one entry will be ineligible to participate or to receive a prize. Participants assume all risk of damaged, lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or illegible entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No donation or payment of any kind is required to enter the Sweepstakes.
3. TIMING: The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:01 AM on September 1, 2014. The Sweepstakes will end 12:01 AM on October 1, 2014. Any entries received outside of this time frame will not be eligible. No entries received before or after these dates will be eligible. Winners be randomly drawn by Oct 20, 2014.
4. PRIZES: At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes, the following prizes will be awarded by random draw from all eligible entries. All prize values are retail.
- First-place winner will receive a 7-night yacht charter courtesy of Barefoot Yacht Charters in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
Founded by Mary Barnard in 1984, Barefoot Yacht Charters is the longest-established yacht charter company in St Vincent and the Grenadines.
The package is a 7-night yacht charter for 4 people and includes:
- Fully equipped monohull yacht (in the 40-foot range and subject to availability) with linens and towels
- Full water tanks
- Full diesel tanks
- Full outboard motor fuel tank
- Full propane tanks
- 2 Bags ice
- Charter License & Taxes
- Air fares
- Airport taxi service ($ 4 per person each way)
- Cruising permit - $ 14 per person
- National Parks and mandatory mooring fees
- Food and drinks
- Skipper, if required
The winner is responsible for making air travel arrangements to and from St. Vincent and for transfers from the airport in St Vincent to the charter base upon arrival. The package is valued at U.S. $3500 and may not be redeemed for cash. The package must be redeemed between June 1, 2015 and November 30, 2015. Winners must complete sailing qualifications resume and Barefoot Yacht Charters reserves the right to assign a paid skipper at additional cost to the winner.
Barefoot Yacht Charters offers a fleet of bare-boat (self-drive) yachts, luxury fully crewed yachts around the world, and an American Sailing Association sailing school - the largest one in the Southern Caribbean. The company built and owns its own marina which features ocean-view accommodation suites, a Mediterranean restaurant and air-conditioned wine bar, a water-sports center, a Caribbean boutique and a substantial yacht maintenance facility. For more information, visit http://www.barefootyachts.com
The runner-up entrant will be provided up to two rooms, 7 nights private- island resort accommodations at Palm Island Resort, The Grenadines (double occupancy) and subject to the terms on the prize certificate. A supplement fee will apply for meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner daily), all beverages (by the glass including Caribbean beer, name-brand liquors), resort amenities, non-motorized water sports, government tax and gratuities. Air transportation is additional.
Elite Island Resorts is one of the Caribbean’s leading resort companies offering world-class all-inclusive vacations in beautiful tropical destinations including Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, The Grenadines and Panama. Independently owned and operated for 40 years, each of our resorts is committed to preserving and improving our Caribbean region.
5. PRIZE DRAWING/ODDS: The random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received. Sponsor decisions regarding the administration of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential winners is final and binding. The odds of winning any prize offered will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Any entrant selected as a potential prize winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential winners will be notified at the email address they provided with their entry. The potential winner must respond within 10 calendar days of notice or attempted notice in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, the prize is returned as undeliverable, or he/she fails to sign and return the releases within the required time period, that potential winner forfeits the prize and Sponsor may award said prize to an alternate or allow the prize to remain un-awarded.
Each winner authorizes Sponsor to use his or her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Winners agree to execute any future documents which may be needed to effectuate the above.
Taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of the same approximate retail value. Prize consists only of items specifically listed as part of the prize. Certain conditions and restrictions may apply. All costs and expenses not specified herein, related to any prize or incurred by accepting the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the state of California. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules.
By participating, entrants agree (a) to these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor which shall be binding and final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes, and (b) to release Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any liability, losses or damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the promotion or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize, including liability for personal injury or death. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor also reserves the right to award prizes from among all eligible entries legitimately received prior to cancellation or to refrain from awarding any prizes.
All entries become the property of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Participants engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
All entries generated by a script, macro or other automated/repetitive electronic means will be disqualified and ineligible for the Sweepstakes. All entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, or if more than one person uses the same email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, all entrants release Sponsor and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this web site and the Sweepstakes from any and all liability, loss, injury, death, damage, costs or claims related to or in any way arising from the Sweepstakes, or the award of, the receipt of, or the use of the prizes.
Sponsor and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, and employees are not responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technology outage, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) web site users or unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (vi) user cheating or entrant fraud. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in a similar, future promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry for any reason, Sponsor, in its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of the error for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of stated prizes.
Your privacy is a priority to us, and we go to great lengths to protect it. We recognize your need to protect and manage any personal information you share with us. We will never sell or otherwise distribute your information to third parties.
9. SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored by American Sailing Association, 5301 Beethoven St., Suite 265, Los Angeles, CA 90066.