Continue sailing with ASA
New Members Only Area
and stay part of the
greatest community on water.
Renew Your Membership Here
|Announcing our ASA
Outstanding Instructors of 2013
It’s that time of year again when the ASA students are polled to determine the “Best of the Best” instructors at ASA. This year, our honored recipients will receive a unique and durable backpack from Sailor Bags.
See list of winners here
The American Sailing Association is committed to helping you understand, appreciate and fully enjoy the incredible world of sailing.
If you thought you could never learn to sail because you don't own a boat, think again. Through the combination of nonprofit organizations that have expanded affordable access to sailing resources and ASA's varied catalog of sailing classes, sailing is accessible to virtually everyone.
ASA will do much more than simply show you the basics; our affiliated schools can teach you everything you need to be a skilled and experienced sailor, including helping you earn your sailing certification.
If you'd like to learn more, the best way to start your journey is to explore ASA.com for sailing schools like those in the beautiful Bay area. We recommend that you begin your tour by reading some of the detailed articles featured here on keelboat resources, certification program information and more.
- ASA MONTHLY E-NEWS - To access previous issues of the ASA monthly
E-Newsletter click here
- THE AMERICAN SAILING ASSOCIATION AND BENETEAU AMERICA CREATE PARTNERSHIP
Beneteau to design new sail training vessel for ASA's affiliated schools. View Press Release
- Greek Islands Flotilla May 19-31, 2014 Sail the waters of the ancient gods, to the Sanctuary of Poseidon, to villages bathed in history and culture. Admire the architecture, get lost strolling the narrow winding streets, discover a centuries old treasure. Indulge in decadent local bakeries in the morning, fresh seafood bought from the fisherman for lunch, and great restaurants for dinner, where menus are optional, as you wander back into the kitchen to take a look at what's cooking, and simply choose what you like. Maybe a nice coffee later in the evening, relaxing outdoors at a table just steps from your yacht, or perhaps visit a taverna and enjoy some music and dancing. It's all possible in Greece... Click here
- Vancouver Island, Gulf and San Juan Islands Flotilla, June 20 -27 and June 27-July 4, 2014 Departing from Bellingham, WA, Join fellow sailors cruising the protected waters of the Salish Sea, anchoring at remote and beautiful Canadian Gulf and US San Juan Islands. This cruise offers a variety of excellent cruising destinations to discover, including elegant resorts, small island towns and idyllic anchorages. Weather is generally mild in June, with little rain. Come sail with ASA! Click Here for June 20 or here for June 27
- Croatia Flotilla August 31-September 6, 2014 Explore with us the romantic little ports and picturesque islands of the Croatian coast. Discover the history and charm of this wonderful country and go home with sailing memories of a lifetime. We will sail north to Rogaznica, Primosten, Sibenik and up the river to the city of Skradin from where we will visit the gorgeous waterfalls of the Krka national park. On the way back, we will stop by charming islands such as Kaprije and Zlarin before returning to the base near Split. Click here
- Belize, October 8-18, 2014 Unique and unspoiled, Belize is the hidden gem in our backyard. With one foot in the Central American jungle and the other dipped in the Caribbean Sea, Belize boasts miles of beautiful coral reefs, tropical rainforests, exotic wildlife and a rich cultural history. Discover it with us! Click Here
- The New ASA Social Media Link found here and in the Header Navigation Bar, is the portal to the ASA Blog, ASA Facebook page, ASA Twitter account and ASA Youtube Channel. Join us in the conversation and adventure.
- The ASA Store is now open. Drop in and experience great savings on gear, books, clothing and much more. Members also save 20% on all items.
- The Recreational PowerBoating Association (RPBA) was formed in 2009 in a direct response to the need for a national powerboater education program that emphasizes a practical, hands on approach. The RPBA’s mission is to be the leader in delivering the highest quality practical powerboater education in the United States, emphasizing safety, knowledge and practice as the confidence-building cornerstones to promote the powerboating lifestyle.
Visit the RPBA website for more information: www.TheRPBA.com
- Endorsements - ASA has added several "Endorsement" courses to our certification program. Endorsements provide in-depth study of a single topic such as radar, weather, docking or basic celestial navigation and are not requirements for the 101 through 108 sequence.
- Attention ASA Instructors Check out ASA's Radar Course
- Join ASA - What are you waiting for? Membership gives you a world of opportunities
and benefits to increase your sailing pleasure and knowledge.
The American Sailing Association is the leading authority on the art of sailing.
Learn to sail through our network of certified sailing courses.
To date, more than 445,900 people have learned to sail with us completing 852,800 ASA certifications.